Of course lies are like that. If left unchecked they take over every part of your life and you have to meticulously unravel the hold they have on you. They grow into something different over time and its hard to find their beginning.
Lie #1 has been especially hard for me to recognize.... Your not good enough!
Even other peoples victories become proof that Im lacking and this heart aches wondering if there is anything that I would be good enough at.
I need to hear that ...
- I did not choose Christ, but that he chose me and appointed me to bear much fruit, fruit that will last. (John 15:16)
- God did not give me a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, love and self discipline. (2 Tim 1:7)
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Phil 4:13)
- I am God's workmanship created to do good works which God prepared for me in advance to do. (Eph 2:10)
- I will never be good enough, but his grace is more than enough. (2Corinthians 12:9)
- God loves me no matter what and loved me enough to die for me. (John 3:16)