Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Too Funny!

Im laughing at myself right now. 5 minutes out from writing my post last night I was already being faced with my very own personal sacrifice. Its beautiful & poetic to write....... " I want to give it all." It flows off the tongue with ease. It sounds heroic. It sounds hopeful, but 5 minutes later your left realizing that you need more than beautiful words.
Once again your hearts breaking over a hurt you thought you had got over months ago. Your angry because you want to let the other person know just how bad it hurt & you cant. Whats worse is your disappointed because you want it to be as easy as it sounds on paper. You want that part of yourself to die once & for all. You want to be a saint because saints get put on gold medallions looking heroic & at peace. You forget that saints get put on medallions because they sacrificed themselves daily.
Thats the part you dont like, because thats the part you have to work at. The thing is there's no strength in those moments when you feel most able. The strength comes when your at your weakest...... 5 minutes later when you realize you need more than beautiful words. You need a beautiful saviour!
(2Corinthians 12:8-9) Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...