Saturday, January 5, 2013

Possible..

"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

This verse was uttered deep this past week...With God the impossible becomes possible. With God relationships you thought couldn't be healed are made new. With God the terrible can be transformed into something wonderful. With God hearts are softened to just the point where they start opening to the possibilities.

But in the time between I have to keep reminding myself of this word that has laid claim on the new year. Possible. Say it louder til I believe it. Possible! Scream it from the rooftop. Possible!!

Make it my own. Let its meaning course through my veins...Able to happen.

And then hold as a reminder these words.."With man this is impossible". How well I know that. With man it gets messy. With man it becomes something it shouldn't be. With man it becomes a work of very weak flesh instead of a transforming picture of His Glory.

But with God...

It is possible that I will be healed of the fear that, "I am not good enough!!"
It is possible that this mess of a family could be the much needed healthy home to someone waiting.
It is possible that my children will walk in his truth despite me or the world around them.
It is possible that through my prayers and not my words lives would be changed.
It is possible that I would see my brother give his life to Christ and be healed of so much pain.
It is possible that patient and encouraging would become words to describe me as a mother and wife.
It is possible that we will not be tied to a debt we were never meant to carry.
It is possible that I would be known for my compassion instead of my judgement.

And it just may be possible that God has more in store for us than I could even dare imagine.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you...