Saturday, October 16, 2010

To follow...

"Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to him. "Teacher", they said, "we want you to do for us whatever we ask." "What do you want me to do for you?", he asked. They replied, "Let one of us sit at your right and the other at your left in glory." (Mark 10:35-37).......

Do you know what your asking? Have you really count the cost? Of lost? Of Everything?
Are you willing to follow... if the grave becomes your throne? If your lost becomes my gain?
"I AM, I AM!! Yes, you know I am Lord!"
Are you willing to become least, in a world were greatness rules? To serve? To Die?
What if the cost; cost you nothing, but cost your family everything?
What if the price you pay is not your own life?
"I AM, I AM!! Yes you know I am Lord!"
BUT THREE TIMES YOU LIED, THREE TIMES YOU DENIED, YOU DENIED ME!
"When did I deny you Lord, when?"
When the sacrifice came due and you were unwilling to pay.
When you were asked to lay down your life and you couldnt even lay down your ego.
When the cost to follow meant living with less.
When the cup was bitter and you refused to take a drink.

Are you willing to follow, if the cost to follow, is asking me;
"What do you want me to do for you, Lord?"
And I tell you, "Hang to the right & left of me on the cross in glory."

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome post! I love the question about the grave becoming our throne...what an image that gave me. Your past posts are great, and I can't wait to read more in 2011. Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa.Thanks for looking back because I needed to reminded of this again. I often dont count the cost before I commit. I love to think that Jesus really took every single one of us into consideration before giving his life. It reminds me that it was a decision made out of love. Hope you have a happy new year also!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you...